Icana.ir
PrintLogoPrintPrintLogo/Print With Image SendToFriendSend To Friends Whatsapp google_plus Line twitter
Mousavi Sarcheshmeh on West's support for Zionist regime

Condemnation of Israeli Settlement Expansion by Global Community Fake

Service : Politic
TEHRAN, August 17 (ICANA) – An Iranian lawmaker says the global community's condemnation of the Zionist regime over its settlement expansion in East Qods (Jerusalem) "deceptive."
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:35:40 PM
Condemnation of Israeli Settlement Expansion by Global Community Fake

Member of the Judicial, Legal Commission of the Majlis Seyed Younes Mousavi Sarcheshmeh further stated on Wednesday that the only way for condemnation and elimination of Israel was unity of Muslim states and nations.

 Speaking to ICANA, the lawmaker said the creation of the Zionist regime was an aggressive and usurping move that took place with the backing of international organizations and the so-called advocates of human rights some 70 years ago. He added that the illegitimate regime of Israel has committed thousands of crimes in destroying and setting fire to Palestinian settlements, villages and farmlands and rendering their inhabitants homeless.

He also rejected the sham condemnation of Israeli settlement expansion plans by the West and US because, he said, they were the ones who gave birth to the usurper regime.

Israel has approved the construction of 277 new settler units in the Ariel settlement in the occupied West Bank despite international condemnation of the move.

The plan was authorized by Israel's Minister of Military Affairs, Ehud Barak, AFP reported.

"Now the defense minister is allowing us to finish this neighborhood," said Ron Nachman, the mayor of Ariel.

It is the largest construction project in a single settlement under Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

In recent weeks, Tel Aviv has moved ahead with two other settlement projects in the occupied East Quds.

The regime recently approved the construction of 2,700 illegal units in two neighborhoods in the occupied region.

The plans are in defiance of rising international criticism of Israel's continued settlement construction.

The Middle East Quartet, consisting of the US, Russia, the EU and the UN, has expressed concern over Israel's move to build 277 houses in the occupied West Bank and 900 houses in occupied East Jerusalem.

"The Quartet is greatly concerned by Israel's recent announcements to advance planning for new housing units in Ariel and east Jerusalem," the mediating group said in a statement on Tuesday.

"This comes at a critical juncture with Quartet efforts ongoing to resume negotiations which are the only way to a just and durable solution to the conflict," the statement said.

The statement came amid intense efforts by Tony Blair, the Quartet's special envoy, to get Palestinians and Israelis back into direct talks.

Israel approved on Monday the building of almost 300 new homes in Ariel, a settlement inside the occupied West Bank, taking the total to more than 2,700 new settler homes approved in the past two weeks.

The planned expansion has brought a furious response from the Palestinian Authority, which has shunned direct talks since Israel ended a moratorium on settlement building in September last year.

The US said it found the reports of new Israeli settlement plans "deeply troubling" and counterproductive to the US effort to restart Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations.

Israel has rejected international criticism insisting that the settlements are not an obstacle to direct talks.

Member Comments
Full Name :
Email :
Body :

fa Icana

Copyright © Icana All Rights Reserved

Powerd By : Tasvirnet